5 Cocktails to Sip at Rosa Mexicano
pscale Mexican eatery, Rosa Mexicano recently debuted “The Art of Mexican Mixology,” as part of their ongoing Flavors of Mexico series, now through June 30. These special, limited-time cocktails are not only a playful twist on Mexican classics, they kick your ass as if Oscar De La Hoya was tending bar.
You can get a bowl of tableside punch to go with Rosa Mexicano’s famous tableside guacamole (we detect a pattern here), or try a frosty bourbon horchata that will put hair on your chest (wax appointment, please!). Here’s our picks for 5 Mexican favorites beber (that’s Spanish for “let’s get this cocktail party started”):
- The fizzy Mexican Mule is a play on the Moscow Mule, with tequila, mezcal, ginger beer and lime.
- The lively papaya-pineapple punch packs a lot of personality, with rum, Cointreau, cava, papaya, pineapple, star fruit and lime, with a floater of coconut ice.
- The creamy, potent root beer float is definitely not for niños, with añejo tequila, vanilla ice cream and root beer.
- The raspberry lemonade tastes like a Sweet Tart, and goes to a good cause–Alex’s Lemonade Stand, with tequila, raspberries and lemon.
- Perhaps our favorite yet, is the creamy and cinnamon-laced frozen bourbon horchata with Buffalo Trace bourbon and house-made horchata, served with a shot of bourbon on the side, to shoot or add as a floater. Either way, it’s a holy hell of a buzz mixed with brain freeze. See the full “Art of Mexican Mixology” menu here.
Rosa Mexicano Penn Quarter
575 7th Street NW