5 Tex-Mex Things to Try at Mi Cocina
hey say if you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Boy, were “they” wrong because Mi Cocina is one you actually need to get into to take the heat. Yes, it is officially upscale Tex Mex. No, not your circa-1980’s Tex Mex and no, I won’t name any chains.
Dishes to try at Mi Cocina range from true favorites like guac and chips to tamales and enchiladas. Take a look:
- Ceviche de Camarones ($8.95)
- Tacos de brisket ($13.95) Shredded brisket oven-roasted overnight and served on flour or corn tortillas with cheese, rice, salad and avocado.
- Tacos de camaron ($14.95) is chile-lime seasoned shrimp and cole slaw ala Mexicana served in corn tortillas with avocado, salad and rice.
- Asada de Pollo con Mole
Breast of Chicken grilled with Oaxacan Mole Sauce, Arroz y Refritos ($13.95)
- So big, the Deluxe 57 ($13.95) is served on two plates, in true Texan form. Bring your appetite and your appetite’s appetite. There’s a cheese enchilada, chicken enchilada, beef enchilada, beef taco and cheese taco, rice and beans.
- Wash it down with a Dilemma and sweeten the memory with flan.
Photos: Kelly Greene
5471 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815