However, before diving headfirst into the food, take a long-distance swim through the list of brunch drinks and punch, including mimosas, Screwdrivers, bellinis and Brickside’s Apollo Punch–made with Tang. Yes, Tang apparently still exists.
Also, the Moonshine Bloody Mary ($6) is nothing to shake a strip of bacon at. Or two, like the ones reaching out to pull you in. Perfect to ease the way for these highlights at brunch. See the full brunch menu here.
- The Brickside breakfast flatbread ($10.95), layered with thinly-sliced potatoes, tomatoes, parmesan and fontina, sweetened with basil and topped with 2 soft-cooked eggs for spreading, and that salty necessity of bacon. The roasted mushroom flatbread ($9.95) is also a viable option.
- The mushroom & sausage scramble ($11.95) is a sausage lover’s dream, with fluffy pan-scrambled eggs, roasted mushrooms, leeks, sweet Italian pork sausage, and more of that fantastic fontina cheese.
- The chicken sausage Benedict ($10.95) is one of the greatest combinations of traditional and non-traditional flavors. Chicken sausage…say what?! The texture and consistency is melt-in-your mouth perfection, coated in the golden beauty of egg and Hollandaise sauce.
- The brûléed grapefruit ($10.95) with house-made granola, Greek yogurt, and honey tricks your taste buds into believing you just had an indulgent breakfast, sans the guilt.
- This is a judgement-free zone and no one will bat an eyelash if you drown your stuffed French toast ($11.95) in more of the sweet, decadent nectar that is Nutella. And for good measure, make sure to lick your plate clean to avoid accusations of Nutella abuse.
Photos: Rebekah Hale
Brickside Food & Drink
4866 Cordell Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814