[dropcap]J[/dropcap]ack Rose is bringing sexy Sunday back with brunch that’s trendy, manly and satisfying. I mean, how can you not feel the raw male energy when surrounded by over 1,400 bottles of Scotch? Plus, the new brunch menu is loaded with American bistro fare in signature Jack Rose fashion that will have you feeling almost alive again after a night at McNasty’s.
- Naturally, the bourbon bacon blue cheese Bloody Mary is the first order of business–a Mason jar of pain-reducing bourbon, tangy Bloody Mary mix, bacon and a blue cheese-stuffed olive. It’s practically a meal, and the kind of meal we like.
- The housemade granola ($7) with creamy Greek yogurt, fresh honey and fruit is perfect when you’ve committed enough debauchery that even we shutter to think about (with that shirtless ornithologist? Really?!).
- The “bacon and egg sandwich” is an open-faced pile of ginormous pork belly and duck egg on rustic bread, served with the crispiest potato chips fried in house until light and airy–to balance out the sandwich.
- Opposite of savory, the vanilla French toast is delicious, topped with bourbon pecan caramel sauce, housemade ricotta, fresh strawberries and pecans.
- Our absolute favorite of all is the chilaquiles ($13), a sinful mess of tortillas topped with warm, melted Gouda, caramelized onions, chorizo, tomatillo and crème fraiche. Be sure to ask for a poached egg on top. It wouldn’t be brunch without it.
Brunch is served Sundays from 10 am to 3 pm.
Jack Rose Dining Saloon
2007 18th Street, NW