- Naturally, the bourbon bacon blue cheese Bloody Mary is the first order of business–a Mason jar of pain-reducing bourbon, tangy Bloody Mary mix, bacon and a blue cheese-stuffed olive. It’s practically a meal, and the kind of meal we like.
- The housemade granola ($7) with creamy Greek yogurt, fresh honey and fruit is perfect when you’ve committed enough debauchery that even we shutter to think about (with that shirtless ornithologist? Really?!).
- The “bacon and egg sandwich” is an open-faced pile of ginormous pork belly and duck egg on rustic bread, served with the crispiest potato chips fried in house until light and airy–to balance out the sandwich.
- Opposite of savory, the vanilla French toast is delicious, topped with bourbon pecan caramel sauce, housemade ricotta, fresh strawberries and pecans.
- Our absolute favorite of all is the chilaquiles ($13), a sinful mess of tortillas topped with warm, melted Gouda, caramelized onions, chorizo, tomatillo and crème fraiche. Be sure to ask for a poached egg on top. It wouldn’t be brunch without it.
Brunch is served Sundays from 10 am to 3 pm.
Jack Rose Dining Saloon
2007 18th Street, NW