Photo Source: Meal Sharing Facebook.
It’s 7:00 pm. You just finished a grueling day of work, battled terrible weather on your commute home, and now you’re hungry —it’s a feeling we’re all familiar with.
I don’t want to eat out… I just want a home cooked meal! Is that too hard to ask for??
But my cabinets and fridge are bare…
I really need to order Fresh Direct soon.
So what do you do? You check out Meal Sharing ASAP and choose a nice home cooked meal in your city and there you have it! A home cooked meal and the excitement of meeting new friends.
Or maybe this is more of your kind of situation: “I love traveling but I don’t want to spend the money eating out every day. It sure would be nice to enjoy some authentic food and have a home cooked meal.”
You know what to do! Hop on to Mealsharing.com, which is now available in over 450 countries worldwide.
According to a recent press release, Meal Sharing has been called the “Airbnb of Home-Cooked Meals” and offers more places to eat than any other website.
So what’s the catch? Well, we hate to break it to you, but there is no catch! Here are the quick and dirty facts.
What You Need to Know About Meal Sharing
- It’s affordable. Let’s face it— we live in NYC. Nothing is cheap here (well some things) but a home cooked meal has no price tag and Meal Sharing believes that too.So much, in fact, that there isn’t one. Amazing! Choose from a “Free” option or the brand new “chip in” option, which allows hosts to set a price for their meals (meal prices average at $7 per person) to help with food costs and time. Something nice if you’d like to give a little something back to your host.
- It’s easy to use. We’ll walk you through it: Open browser, go to Mealsharing.com, select city and go! Meal offerings will appear and your mouth will start watering. Want to host? Choose “Create a Meal” and the website will walk you through an easy step-by-step process so you can start offering home cooked meals to others!
- It’s verified and safe. Hosts and attendees are able to rate and review everyone at the meal, ensuring safety and validity so if you’re unsure of how to choose your host the first time, you can view what others have said about them and get an inside scoop on what their experience was like.
- You get to meet people near and far. In a new place and would like to make a friend? Like other share sites, Mealsharing.com brings people together with a similar interest in cooking, eating together, and learning new things.“We want to make it possible for people, who otherwise would probably never meet, to get together and have a good time over food, ” says the website. “We want to make that experience safe and enriching for everyone involved.”
- You eat happy. Nothing beats an authentic home cooked meal. As the mission of Mealsharing.com says, “To point anywhere on a map and be welcomed to a home cooked meal.” Traveling and food go hand-in-hand so why wouldn’t you want a little piece of comfort in a home cooked meal while you’re far from the ones you love? And let’s be real, you’re really missing your own bed so might as well make yourself feel better with a little home cooked lovin’ and great company.
“We are thrilled to have reached into people’s homes and hearts in more than 450 cities worldwide including destinations across the globe such as San Paulo, Paris, Munich and many more,” says Meal Sharing founder Jay Savsani, “We currently have more places to eat in homes than any other website, validating our efforts to help us reach our goal to offer travelers the ability to go anywhere in the world and have an amazing home-cooked meal experience.”
We’re already scoping out what’s good in our hood at Mealsharing.com! Tell us what you think of Meal Sharing, how you would use it?